To ensure Bridgeworks is up to date with the most current culture and leadership issues, Bridgeworks recently created a 6-question survey of clients. Although the survey is not yet completed, the results so far (measuring over 150 leaders) have been insightful.
The 6 questions
- Having a clear vision that is shared with staff?
- Regular 360 feedback given to your leaders?
- Active engagement of staff?
- Focus on building & developing leaders?
- Building a learning & innovative culture?
- Building a workplace that is enjoyable to work in?
The poorest scoring question (marked /10) was questions 2. There seems to be a lack of regular 360 feedback given to leaders. The highest scoring question to date is “Having a clear vision that is shared with staff” although with some organisations this scored poorly.
Bridgeworks places a heavy influence on the need for leaders to regularly “look in the mirror” and have a clear knowledge that they are connecting effectively within their business.
- Are you building trust with your people?
- Are you creating the work environment that is fully engaging your people?
- Are you a leader, boss or ba@#$%ard?
And as the great Poet, Robbie Burns once said
Oh the gift that God would give us, to see ourselves as others see us