Most of us do not take the time to think of the longer term trends or the complex changes happening around our immediate wold. So how comfortable are we to consider the following points?
- How can change become your greatest ally?
- How do you remain relevant as a leader?
- What critical areas of leadership will set you apart in the future?
- Do you know the major trends that will affect your leadership and business in the next few years?
- Do you have a strategy to deal with leveraging social media and online to your advantage?
- What are the best business and leaders doing differently when it comes to new technologies?
Bulletproofing Your Leadership With New Technology
Craig Rispin – Friday 13th July – Crown Palladium, Melbourne
Max Lucado said, “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” – Craig Rispin thrives on researching new, unchartered territory that impacts leadership.
Craig is constantly uncovering future trends, helping leaders and business adjust accordingly. He will share his well researched insights at Bridgeworks Leadership breakfast – Friday July 13th, 2018 at Crown in Melbourne.
As a Business Futurist and Innovation Expert his expertise is in emerging business, people and technology trends—and how companies can profit from them.
Craig has over 20 years experience working where the future has been created, with some of the most innovative companies in the world in the IT, consumer electronics, internet and broadcasting industries.
Some of his clients include: BHP Billiton, Canon, Colonial First State, IBM, Kimberly-Clark, Mallesons, NRMA, Sportscraft, Symantec, Toyota, the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) and countless professional industry associations.
He is an award-winning speaker and has addressed audiences from 15 to 3,000 on 5 continents and has consulted with CEOs of leading companies worldwide.
Come along and explore how you can lift your leadership capacity, through smarter online presence and tools.
In fact, why not book a table and bring along your team or valued clients? They will love you for it and so will your business too!